As a worldwide leader in Media Liability coverage, AXIS PRO offers specialized protection against the devastating impact of lawsuits.
Our Multimedia Liability Policy covers businesses that create or disseminate content or provide services including media companies (traditional, electronic/digital or a combination of both) and non-media companies engaged in media activities. We have a history of innovation, expertise and a dominant market share earned by continuously adapting to the ever-changing media landscape and associated technology prevalent in today’s electronic and digital world. Suited for a variety of companies and risk exposures, our policy is a flexible product including options that allow coverage to be individually tailored and bundled into one policy.
Breach Response Coverage Enhancements Available for your Policy
AXIS policyholders have the ability to add important coverages to their existing professional insurance policy to help manage the impact of a data breach. Please contact an underwriter here or your broker for more information on how AXIS can help businesses respond to a security and privacy event.
If you Already Have Breach Response Coverage
For payment of data breach expenses under your policy, you may access AXIS Insurance’s list of vendor partners here. These vendors are pre-approved by AXIS to provide breach related services to you, subject to the terms and conditions of your specific policy.
"All-Risk" coverage agreement provides broad protection including but not limited to:
- Defamation including emotional distress, outrageous conduct and prima facie tort
- Invasion of privacy or publicity
- Infringement of copyright, trademark, title, slogan, misappropriation and plagiarism
- Breach of a license to use a third party’s intellectual property
- Personal injury torts arising from the acquisition and gathering of matter (“newsgathering” torts)
- Unfair competition or conspiracy
- Negligent supervision of an employee
- Contextual errors & omissions coverage (including bodily injury and property damage)
- Negligent transmission of a computer virus or malicious code in media
- Breach of agreement to maintain the confidentiality of sources
AXIS PRO’s industry-leading media claims expertise includes:
- A network of top intellectual property and First Amendment law firms
- Risk management and loss control programs available
- Dedicated in-house media claims attorneys
This web page is for descriptive purposes only and does not provide a complete summary of coverage. Consult the applicable insurance policy for specific terms, conditions, limits, limitations and exclusions to coverage. Coverage may not be available in all states and jurisdictions. Coverage is underwritten by a member company of the AXIS group of insurance companies.